On our beautiful Natural Heritage site we offer free unguided walking trails, guided walking trails, children’s walks and scenic drives. These activities are ideal for botany, birding and butterfly (seasonal) enthusiasts.
Guided Morning Sun Activities
Guided only Walking Trails on Morning Sun Reserve
Explore and investigate the diverse fauna and flora of this magnificently beautiful natural heritage site on foot. Recommended for Bird and Butterfly watchers
- Mashovhela Rock Pool (3 hours): This is a nature walk to our sacred Mashovhela Rock Pool (the second most sacred site to the Venda people).
- Big Waterfall & Mashovhela Rock Pool (4 – 5 hours): A relaxing walk from the lodge to our big waterfall passing the Mashovhela Rock Pool and enjoying the botanical diversity.
RATES VALID FROM 01 MARCH 2020 – 28 FEBRUARY 2021
|Walks (Guided only )||Single Adult||Per person 2 pax||3-10 Adults
|Mashovhela Rock Pool (3 hours)||600.00||300.00||198.00||140.00|
|Big Waterfall walk (4 – 5 hours)||855.00||430.00||290.00||125.00|
Guided or Free Unguided Walks on Morning Sun Reserve
Marked trails take you across scenic valleys, along sparkling streams and through various indigenous forests.
- Small Waterfall & Small Hill (2 hours): This is a trail to our small waterfall and passing our big Baobab Tree, it is also a botanical experience passing a smaller Baobab tree, here is a bench where guests can sit, relax and enjoy the view of the mountains.
- Small Waterfall (30 Min): This is a trail to the small waterfall and passing our big Baobab tree.
- Small Botanical Hill ( 30 min): This is a botanical experience where you can also see a smaller Baobab tree, there is a bench where guests can relax and enjoy the view of the mountains.
Unguided walks are for free for guest staying at Mashovhela Bush Lodge
- Unguided walks for day-visitors cost R60 per adult conservancy fee
- Unguided walks for day-visitors cost R45 per teenager
- Unguided walks for day-visitors cost R30 per child 3 – 12 years
Please note that bookings must be made at least one week in advance.
Bookings are subject to availability.
Guided activities will only be available for a minimum of 6 people up to 20 people.
TO BOOK: Contact our reservations on: 079 602 5482 or 087 233 5027 or
Or Fill The Form Below: